This page contains affiliate links and is a member of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you make a purchase using one of these Amazon links, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.
No matter how much you love the beach, you’re going to need a break from the sun. The wind along the shore, particularly right on the ocean, can be quite strong. Finding an umbrella that provides high-level sun protection and has a wonderful wind tolerance can be challenging, but with our tips below it will be easy to choose the best beach umbrella for high winds to make your next coastal trip more comfortable.
AosKe Windproof Beach Umbrella
The AosKe Sun Shelter is designed to anchor deeply with a three-prong base. This umbrella offers 360 degrees of tilt thanks to the spring adjustment option and has a carbon fiber skeleton for strength, keep it very lightweight.
- strong structure sun shade that is not easy to be blown away by the wind
- designed for easy use and portability
- perfect for almost any surface such as sand, grass and dirt fields
The fabric of this sun shelter has an SP coating to reduce the risk of UV damage, it offers the person under the umbrella an SPF 50 level of protection. As a practical feature, this product has a vented top to allow wind to pass without letting in too much sunlight. Moreover, it weighs less than 5 pounds and comes with a carrying bag for easy transport to the shore and back to your car.
Dekero Beach Umbrella for High Winds
The Dekero is possibly the best beach umbrella for high winds thanks to its design features. There are three layers of wind-resistant ribs that provide multiple vents to allow plenty of wind to pass through at multiple points. The fabric allows wind to pass while protecting those under it thanks to the silver sunscreen coating the material that blocks 99% of dangerous UV rays
- fully wind resistant design allows the umbrella to use everywhere from the beaches to balconies and pool decks
- robust rugged aluminum structure and silver sunscreen coating fabric
- compact size, easy installation
The base can be secured both by spikes that can be buried in the sand and covered with more sand to stabilize the structure. This green umbrella has a 48″ long case and weighs just under 6 pounds so your walk to the beach will remain effortless. It can rotate 360 degrees and easily be adjusted as the day progresses.
beachBUB ™ All-In-One Beach Umbrella System
Of all the things to take to the beach, the beachBUB ™ All-In-One Beach Umbrella System is really a must-have. Designed in Florida, named by many beachgoers the best sun umbrella for wind that is tested up to 35 MPH. It comes with a full set of accessories including comes with a sand anchor, gopher and shovel.
- Consumer Reports Magazine rated best wind resistant sun umbrella
- designed and built to meet resort and commercial standards to withstand wind gusts up to 35 MPH
- 220G thread count, highest sun screening rating fabric
Simply set your bottom base pole where you want it on top of the sand bag, then scoop the sand up over the bag and fold up the corners. Like this you will have 120 pounds of sand support so your umbrella can’t blow away!
This bright blue sun shade is well suited to nearly any level of wind and plenty of midday sun. On top of this, you can get a tray table to add, as well as towel hooks where you can hang your wet towels and put the wind to good use.
CLISPEED Wind Resistant Sun Umbrella
The CLISPEED is an excellent sun and wind resistant beach umbrella that has air vents to prevent collapse or sailing away. It provides you some shelter while allowing plenty of venting. The base pole screws easily into the sand and has an additional pole that can be attached once the base is settled.
- sturdy yet lightweight and portable windproof sun umbrella
- with charming flower design air vent that gives more stability in windy conditions
- 100% UV protection, the telescoping pole with tilt function are perfectly designed to block UV rays from all directions
This umbrella tilts in multiple directions near the top for best shade. It spans 7′ from tip to tip and has a fiberglass frame for lightweight strength. Once folded and ready to stash with your other useful beach accessories, it weighs under 5 pounds so you can take in anywhere.
SeaSpiration Tip: if you regularly visit windy places, consider investing in a beach wind blocker too!
OutdoorMaster Beach Umbrella With Sand Bags
If you’re looking for the best beach umbrella for wind that can be used on sand, soil or concrete, the OutdoorMaster is a great choice. This blue and white striped classical umbrella has a corrosion resistant tube, high-quality 160G polyester fabric and a traveling sandbag that wraps around the base.
Thanks to this feature, rather than stabbing your umbrella base as far into the sand as possible, you can place it on the sand, fill the sandbag and wrap the top of the bag around the bottom of the pole so it will be stable and can’t turn upside down.
- the perfect ‘no more blown away’ sunbrella with free sand bag
- tough and durable with extra thickened bottom tube, fiber glass upper pole and 160G polyester fabric
- weighs in at just over 6 pounds for easy carrying
The fabric is a sun-shielding vinyl that has multiple gaps to allow the wind pass through so it doesn’t turn into a kite when the wind really gets blowing. The frame is fiberglass and folds down to a small case of 55″ long.
DOIFUN UV 50+ Umbrella with Sand Anchor
When you’re looking for the best beach umbrella for high winds, make sure to check out the DOIFUN. You get higher than SPF50 sun protection, a top vent air circulation design to combat high winds and a twist-system sand anchor to help you lock down the umbrella.
- elegant and sturdy sun umbrella that withstands high winds
- unique sand anchoring with twisting tool
- easy-tilt mechanism allows you to quickly adjust the canopy as needed
In addition, this umbrella tilts in multiple directions using a push-button mechanism for adjustable coverage over the course of each day of your beach vacation. The supported fiberglass ribs with a rust-free aluminum pole and fiberglass ribs ensure sturdy construction while the product remains light and easily portable since it weighs just 6 pounds.
EasyGo Extra Large High Wind Sun Umbrella
If you’ve got a lot of people to settle seeking shelter from the sun, the EasyGo 8 Foot Heavy Duty High Wind Outdoor Umbrella is a wonderful way to go big and make yourself at home under this fun and festive umbrella. This rainbow-patterned sun shade has a stout screw handle that you can use to stake your umbrella in place.
- sturdy umbrella with anodized aluminum pole, fiberglass ribs for steady, reliable protection during windy conditions
- UV coated canopy for excellent sun protection
- with heavy duty screw to easily anchor into the sand
It offers multiple height and tilting adjustments to get your whole clan out of the sun. The 8′ diameter is well-supported with 16 fiberglass framing ribs and the whole umbrella is vented to allow wind to pass through to avoid damage and the risk of blowing away.
Abba Patio Umbrella for wind
The pretty turquoise Abba 7ft Patio Umbrella has a sturdy screw-in base for stability. There’s a nifty storage pocket for sunscreen, sunglasses, and other beach gear. Once you get the base in place, you can mount the internal pole and adjust the height before opening.
- telescoping steel pole for easy adjusting and sand anchor for extra stability
- water and fade resistant UPF 50+ oxford polyester canopy
- with practical Velcro strap closure and functional carrying bag
The tilting mechanism will allow you to keep the umbrella directly over your chairs, blankets and other beach tools. It comes with a carrying bag that conveniently fits all parts for easy storing and carrying.
Inspired? Pin it!