This page contains affiliate links and is a member of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you make a purchase using one of these Amazon links, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.
Summer is in full swing! Days are being filled with outings to the beach and pool, and the one thing you can’t let your child do is go hungry in the sun, but if you take lots of beach snacks for kids with you, it will be easy to keep them going. Get creative when preparing for a beach trip with this list of awesome snack ideas!
Fruit and Cheese Skewers
This is a super easy recipe for a great beach snack for kids. There’s no cook time and the prep takes only minutes. Just throw cut up pieces of your kid’s favorite fruits and cheeses onto skewers and snip off the pointy end for safety and voila!
A virtually sand and mess-free snack that will keep your little one hydrated and energized for lots of fun in the sun. The skewers can be repurposed to draw details on sandcastles, too.
Frozen Watermelon Popsicles
Watermelon is a perfect summer fruit that is sweet but low in calories, so with a bit of creativity, you can serve it as popsicles instead of sugary ice creams.
Just cut the watermelon into triangles, makes a slit to insert the popsicle stick, and freeze overnight. These can be a great beach snack for baby who is teething, too!
Kellogg’s All-Day Snacks
If you have more than one kid, especially if some are picky eaters, you want to have a variety of snacks available (no one likes a hangry toddler).
- variety pack featuring four choices of conveniently packaged, family-favorite snacks
- travel-ready packaging made to enjoy anywhere
- contains10 pouches of Cheez-It Crackers, 10 pouches of Pop-Tart Whole Grain Frosted Strawberry, 4 Pringles Cheddar Cheese and 4 Pringles Original Snack Stacks
This box of snacks has a great variety of prepackaged chips and more for your sweet-toothed and savory-loving kiddos alike. What’s better is that these don’t need to go in the cooler.
This is one of the simplest beach snacks for toddlers because there are just two ingredients! Seedless grapes and Jell-O mix. Shake the rinsed grapes in a Ziploc bag with the powdered mix and chill them. You can make all of the kids favorite Jell-O flavors and mix and match. Also try them frozen!
Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Dippers
You can easily hand out these yummy, individually wrapped store-bought beach snacks and know you’re giving your kids something light and healthy. The dippers are rich in calcium and free of preservatives and colors.
- all-in-one snack with creamy Swiss cheese and crunchy breadsticks
- individual packed, convenient for on-the-go
- no artificial flavors, preservatives or colors
Chia Seed Energy Bites
This kid-friendly beach food will make sure your child doesn’t lose energy while playing in the sand. You’ll love that you don’t have to bake them (it is too hot for all that) and that they are full of protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
Just mix oats, honey and peanut butter in a bowl then add a bit vanilla and chia seed. Form balls and refrigerate them for at least 20 minutes and voila, you are good to go! These snacks are excellent beach party appetizers too if you place them on a nice tray!
Raspberry Quinoa Smoothie
Toddlers can be picky eaters, especially on hot summer days, so you need to have ready some snack ideas for kids on beach days that is filling and healthy at the same time. Why not give them a smoothie that is packed with proteins and vitamins?!
This smoothie recipe does take a little more prep work because you have to cook the quinoa and use a blender, but they will keep the kids full longer. Since they are drinking their snack, kids are less likely to get messy, too. Pour it into reusable shatterproof smoothie bottles so little ones can enjoy this liquid meal whenever they get hungry during the day.
Sabra’s Kid’s Snacks
These prepackaged snacks come with a variety of dips (hummus, chocolate, and guacamole) and crackers, and chips. They are full of nutrients and fiber to keep your kids full and happy at the beach.
- Non-GMO crunchy tortilla chips and a tasty taco dip - a craveworthy combo made with plant-based ingredients
- portable, convenient kids snacks perfect for anytime and anywhere
- made with chickpeas grown on family-owned farms in the Pacific Northwest and specially blended tahini from around the world
Sold at Amazon, Walgreens and local supermarkets, you should not have trouble finding these delectable treats!
Blueberry Lemon Pudding Popsicles
What’s better than a homemade popsicle? One that’s made of pudding! While these popsicles take a little more prep work, it is a fantastic choice if it comes to the dilemma of what food to take to the beach!
Pour the uncooked lemon pudding into popsicle molds filled with blueberries and freeze them. These are healthy, too, because they are filled with vitamin C and antioxidants. This recipe works well with strawberries too!
Sometimes you do not have time (or the energy) to prepare homemade bites, when a trip is spontaneous, or you are on a beach vacation and do not have access to a kitchen and cookware. But luckily there are excellent store-bought beach snacks for kids that don’t require preparation and are healthy too, for example yogurt smoothies that you can easily drop in your beach cooler and the family is ready to go!
- portable, no spoon required super snack for hungry kids
- made with real fruit, veggie and wholesome ingredients including milk from pasture-raised cows, no sweeteners or high-fructose corn syrup
- handheld size is great for play dates, lunch boxes, beach trips and more
These drinkable beach snacks for toddlers are organic, plant-based and have 30% more protein than other kid’s smoothies so you know they are packed with nutrients. There is no mess because your kids will want to drink every yummy fruit drop!
Homemade Granola Bars
Try this versatile granola bar recipe ASAP with your favorite add-ins. These are packed with protein and fiber, so the kids aren’t hungry every 20 minutes.
And if your child has an allergy, you can sub the nut butter for sun butter. Granola bars save well and won’t take up room in the cooler. How great is that?
Chloe’s Fruit Pops
We mentioned a few fruit and homemade popsicles before, but sometimes, there’s just no time. Trust Chloe’s popsicles that are plant-based with only three ingredients: fruit, water, and cane sugar.
- delicious fruit pops are made with just fruit, water and cane sugar
- dairy and gluten free, vegan, kosher and non-gmo verified product
- creamy consistency without dairy and fat
These clean frozen treats can be found online at Amazon Fresh, Fresh Direct, and in Peapod stores, so even if you plan a last-minute beach trip, it shouldn’t be a problem to get them!
This crunchy snack is made with real potatoes and garden-grown vegetables. They are light, contain 30% less fat than classic potato chips, and can be eaten with countless delicious dips.
- airy and crunchy veggie straws made with garden-grown potatoes and vegetables
- perfect for a satisfying snack or to add a little crunch to lunch
- no preservatives, 0mg cholesterol and 0g trans-fat per serving
You will love that they have no artificial flavors or colors, and your kids will love the crunchiness of the straws. Served with a yummy dip, veggie straws even make an easy beach picnic food!
Mochi Ice Cream
Who doesn’t love ice cream? If you’re looking for easy-to-grab, gluten-free beach snacks for toddlers, pack a few boxes of Mochi into your cooler!
- premium quality strawberry mochi ice cream made with non-fat milk and real strawberries
- with a wrap of soft, delicious mochi dough for a light dessert
- ideal for a light beach snack or an after-dinner conversation starter
Little hands can hold them easily and there is no need for a spoon! These mochi bites come in a variety of delicious flavors, so you and your little ones have lots of great choices.
Inspired? Pin it!