When you enter your golden years and prepping for a beach trip, consider adding a good chair to your beach gear list. Those who are a bit older should choose one that’s higher off the sand so it will be much more comfortable. The best models we review here come with lots of extra features to ensure support and relief, the only thing you need to do is choosing the one you like the most!
Table of Contents
- Rio Beach 17″ High beach chair for elderly
- Kijaro XXL Dual Lock Portable Camping and Sports Chair
- ALPHA CAMP Oversized Lumbar Back Support Chair
- PHI VILLA Oversize XL Padded Zero Gravity Lounge Chair
- Margaritaville Big Shot easy in easy out beach chair
- ALPHA CAMP Heavy Duty Canopy Lounge Chair Sunshade
- Tommy Bahama Cooler Backpack Chair
- CORE Equipment Padded Folding Chair for Elderly
Rio Beach 17″ High beach chair for elderly
Rio Beach is a great choice for your trip to the beach. While it is only 10 pounds to pack, it will support 250 pounds. This chair is 17 inches off the ground and has sturdy, supportive arms as well as safe reclining offering extra comfort.
- extended seat height, easy reclining into four positions
- weather-proof aluminum frame
- with practical accessories such as extra-wide armrests, cup holder, cell phone slot and bottle opener
This product from Rio Beach is especially great for seniors because it offers both height from the ground and a longer seat to support you from hip to knee. The practical insulated storage compartment and built-in cooler come in handy keeping your refreshment cool and always in reach.
Kijaro XXL Dual Lock Portable Camping and Sports Chair
If you’re a taller person looking for an easy in easy out beach chair that will also keep you cool, check out the Kijaro XXL Dual Lock that provides premium seating experience thanks to the breathable mesh insert on the back. You’ll be 20 inches off the ground and the seat is 25 inches wide, so it’s probably the best beach chair for elderly people with long legs that offers plenty of space.
- sturdy outdoor lounger that supports up to 400 pounds
- durable polyester with breathable mesh on seat back
- locks open feature for extra stability, locks shut for easy transport
This chair locks open, so if you’re camping on bumpy ground, you can enjoy confidence and stability before you sit. It includes a strap and a bag, and locks closed so you can easily get it in your carry bag. Finally, this lightweight and portable chair for seniors is available in a variety of colors so you can coordinate your beach camp.
ALPHA CAMP Oversized Lumbar Back Support Chair
If you like the ability to throw your folding chair into a bag and walk it down to the beach, the ALPHA CAMP offers 450 pounds of support and only weighs 13 pounds to carry. It has a spot to keep drinks cold and side pockets to store your reading materials, while the padded seat area supports the back offering maximum comfort.
- easy to set up design with supreme comfort
- sturdy construction that can support up to 450 lbs
- extra storage spaces to hold cell phone, notebook, books and drinks
Best of all, the height from the ground to the seat is almost 19 inches so it is ideally suited for the elderly or those who find it hard to get out of a low sitting chair. If you’re short, you may struggle to get your feet on the ground, but for leggy folks this is one of the best things to take to the beach so you can easily settle in and get out without straining.
SeaSpiration Tip: If you like the lumbar support feature, check out our beach chairs for bad back top list too!
PHI VILLA Oversize XL Padded Zero Gravity Lounge Chair
For those in the market for best beach chair for elderly travelers, the PHI VILLA Zero Gravity Lounger is an ideal choice. If you’ve struggled to find a chair that doesn’t cut into the back of your knees, you can just put your feet up and relax. This model is recommended for folks up to 6’2″ and has a weight tolerance of up to 350 pounds.
- high quality outdoor furniture that is suitable for the beach, yard or a pool side
- can be adjusted to any positions to your preferences
- foldable for easy transportation and compact storage
Sit down, release the angle lock, lean back to where you want to be and reset the lock. The bungee system will take pressure off your back and support you in extreme comfort. This product might be a little pricey at first sight, but investing in one of the best chairs for elderly with back pain will make your beach vacation even better!
Margaritaville Big Shot easy in easy out beach chair
The Margaritaville folding chair is a great choice for an older person who loves to go to the beach since it is only 7 pounds and comes with a shoulder carrying strap. This ideal beach chair for older person is 17″ off the ground and even has a pillow for your head ensuring all day comfort and relaxation.
- durable and lightweight, constructed of lightweight anodized aluminum thick polyester
- comfort features such as adjustable pillow, cup holder, side pocket
- attractive and stylish design
Thanks to the extra wide seat, this Margaritaville chair is pretty roomy that also adds to the comfort. The only drawback is that the seat has no extra padding so the back of your legs can get uncomfortable after you sat in it for a while so you may be more comfortable with a cushion under your bottom to reduce the pressure of the frame.
ALPHA CAMP Heavy Duty Canopy Lounge Chair Sunshade
This ALPHA CAMP Canopy Lounger is a self-contained holiday tool and the best beach chair for seniors who like to park and watch the water. You’ll have protection from the sun, a flexible mesh back with lots of airflow and at least 300 pounds of weight tolerance. You’ll also have a pocket for your phone and other gear and a cup holder for your favorite beach beverage.
- oversize and comfortable design with padded armrests
- 50+ UPF sun protection canopy to providing you with shade in a hot summer day
- made of high-grade material for stability and durability
If you’re on the search for the best beach chair for elderly, this is a great choice. The frame compresses in and has a bag with a carrying strap. Once folded, this chair is about 14 pounds to carry to your favorite beach sight.
Tommy Bahama Cooler Backpack Chair
If you need a bit more room from side to side but can’t use a tall chair, this product from Tommy Bahama is only 11 inches off the sand. However, in addition to the fun cooler attachment, this chair will manage 250 pounds and has sturdy arms to allow you to easily get in and out of it.
- backpack chair that adjusts to four positions
- with molded arms, drink holder, insulated cooler and storage pouch
- weighing only 10 lbs it is easy to carry and transport to the beach
If it comes to durability, you can be sure that the high-quality 600 denier fabric will withstand for a long time even with everyday usage. Detachable pillow for your head makes this one of the best beach chairs for elderly.
When folded up, this chair can be strapped on and carried like a backpack to your next stretch of sand. If you’re looking for a higher beach chair for seniors, this model from Tommy Bahama can be a good choice.
CORE Equipment Padded Folding Chair for Elderly
The CORE Equipment Fully Padded Folding Chair is one of the most comfortable beach chairs for elderly travelers. It has a cup holder, an easy to clean seat cushion and a carry bag with strap for transporting it to your favorite spot of the beach.
- cozy seat chair with padded hard arms to provide extra support and comfort
- durable folding steel frame 600D brushed polyester soft-touch seat
- with built-in, big cup holder and gear pocket
This CORE Equipment chair supports up to 300 pounds and provides sturdy support for the low back, lessening pressure on the spine. These features along with the extra padded seat and back make this product the best beach chair for seniors with some movement limitations.
Inspired? Pin it!
When it comes a beach vacation, Vic is the person who certainly has tips on where to go and what to do no matter it is a luxury tropical holiday, peaceful seaside getaway or a family trip to the ocean. She enjoys exploring new places, trying out various water sports and most of all, loves sharing her tips with those seek out their next adventure.
"Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I'll make a small commission at no extra cost to you."